Re: New Yard Bird-Northern Harrier

Hello,

What an interesting visitor. I was so engrossed with your post (all the
while wondering where you must live) that I was quite surprised to see
Gastonia as the place all this was happening.

Gastonia seems to have interesting bird happenings. Winter before last a
rufous hummingbird stayed the whole winter there.

I live an hour from you so I'll keep an eye out for a Harrier, but I'm
sure I'll look out and see my old Cooper's hawk atop my box feeder.

Again, very interesting post.

Mike Moore
Hickory, N.C.