Forsters Terns

There were some Forsters Terns at Lake Julian (between Asheville and
Hendersonville off I-26) Thursday around 6pm.  I didn't stop by there this
morning, so I don't know if they are still there.  Unless they like flying in
cold, rainy weather they probably are.  They were on the CP&L site of the lake
off the dam.  A couple were perched on poles sticking up out of the water and
others were in the water.  It was hard to tell how many because only a couple
were clearly visible.  The others were fading into the fog over the lake.  I
actually can only assume that they were all Forsters.  These are rather
uncommon, but somewhat regular transients through this area.
Marilyn Westphal/Hendersonville, NC  email:  mjwestphal@unca.edu