Outer Banks birding.

Hello birders-

    I made a quick visit to North Carolina last weekend, and Gordon Brown
and I were able to bird around Raleigh (14 and 17 April) and on the Outer
Banks (14-16 April). We were joined by Chris Eley, Brian Patteson, and Butch
Pearce for part of the trip. Despite miserable weather on the Outer Banks
(rain, wind, and fog), we were able to see about 160 species of birds,
including the following few highlights:

Bald Eagle (1 adult along Highway 264, Beaufort Co., 16 April)
Peregrine Falcon (4 on the Outer Banks, 14-15 April)
Yellow-billed Cuckoo (1 at Bodie Island, 14 April, early?)
Swainson's Warbler (1 at the Dare bombing range, 16 April)
Henslow's Sparrow (3 at VOA Tower A, Beaufort Co., 16 April)

Steve
Stephen J. Dinsmore
Department of Fishery and Wildlife Biology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
dinsmore@lamar.colostate.edu