What happened?

My bluebirds worked and worked around the newly put up nest box for 3 days
and then suddenly they were gone.  This is day #3 I have not seen them around
anywhere.  I have heard others say that their bluebirds would disappear for
3-4 days and then return to build the nest and lay the eggs.  I don't want to
lose them!!!  Also, my neighbor and I saw a male Rose Breasted Grosbeak the
other evening!  He was magnificant!  I would love to attract them but doubt I
can in this area. For now I am mainly worried about losing my bluebirds!
Sherry