New Hope River Waterfowl Impoundment

Sat. Apr 29
This morning I birded at New Hope River Impoundment on Highway 54, between
I-40 and NC751 (Hope Valley Rd).
I was hoping to see the prothonotaries reported earlier, but no luck.  I did
however see 1 spotted sandpiper, 1 great crested flycatcher, 3 wood ducks (2
males),  a male scarlet tananger, 3 great blue herons flying over, 2 red
headed woodpeckers, blue birds, 1 indigo bunting, 1 white breasted nuthatch,
1 belted kingfisher, numerous blue gray gnat catchers, yellow rumped
warblers, gold finches, common grackles and starlings, cardinals, bluejays,
4 geese, 1 mockingbird, and a small warbler that I was not able to id.  It
had a yellow head, the breast was yellow with brown streaks, the wings and
back were a grayish color, I was not able to see any wingbars --maybea pine
warbler?
My apologies for not remembering to identify myself on my earlier postings.
Lisa Dailey
Durham, NC