POSSIBLE 6 May Scissor-tailed Flyc. in Durham, NC

Birders,

I just wanted to alert triangle area birders to a report (no details) of
a possible Scissor-tailed Flycatcher in the Hardscrabble area off St.
Mary's Rd. in North Durham seen Saturday 6 May by a gentleman from
Texas.  He saw it as a flyby and noted a bird with very long split tail
feathers being chased by a N. Mockingbird.  He didn't think much of it at
the time, since he sees Scissor-tails all the time at home.  He told me
about it this morning when I encountered him birding the Brickhouse Rd.
area.  I will probably try to get out there first thing tomorrow a.m. to
look for it, but these birds don't usually stick around in the Carolinas,
if indeed that's what it was.

Jeff Pippen   	 				 jspippen@duke.edu
Botany Dept. Box 90342
Duke University, Durham, NC  27708		PH: (919) 660-7278