HBSP on 5-20

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Yesterday morning, I met with Bob Maxwell and his non-birding friend from
England at HBSP. We toured the jetty pond and the north beach.  Later in
the morning I met Phil Turner at the store and we went and took a brief
look into Mullet Pond.  By 12 Noon the heat was apparent so I called it a day.
45 species
N. Gannet-4
Brown Pelican-8
Double-crested Cormorant-3
Least Bittern-1
Great Blue Heron-3
Great Egret-4
Snowy Egret-3
Little Blue Heron-1
Tricolored Heron-4
Green Heron-1
Mallard-2
Red-breasted Merganser-4
Osprey-4
Clapper Rail-2 heard only
Am. Coot-2
Black-bellied Plover-1
Wilson's Plover-3 including a female inside the tern fence doing the
wounded wing act
Semipalmated Plover-35
Am. Oystercatcher-2
Willet-6
Whimbrel-3
Ruddy Turnstone-3
Red Knot-2
Sanderling-16
Semipalmated Sandpiper-8
Western Sandpiper-2
peep sp-53
Short-billed Dowitcher-2
Laughing Gull-2
Herring Gull-1
Common Tern-6 standing birds-A mixture of immatures and adults coming into
breeding plumage with carpal bars & a number of dark primaries
Forster's Tern-1 breeding plumage lacked strong black primaries
Least Tern-3
Black Skimmer-10
Mourning Dove-4
Red-bellied Woodpecker-1