Mississippi Kites

Tuesday, June 6, 2000.   Harnett County, NC

Today I saw two Mississippi Kites flying together at Lillington, NC.  I
spotted them while I was swimming at the Lillington Recreation Club  (this
provided me with a "teaching moment" when some other folks wondered why I was
intently staring into the sky).

Could these be the same two birds I saw in flight over Lillington on May 17th
of this year?  With the nearby Cape Fear River providing suitable habitat,
I'd say there is a good chance that these birds are a nesting pair.

Paul C. Hart
Lillington, NC
harttwins@aol.com