Wood Stork at Falls Lake

C-birders,

I received a report of a Wood Stork seen with three Great Egrets in the Flat
River Waterfowl impoundment area on 6/30.  The bird was not seen the next
day, and I was unsuccessful in relocating in on 7/2.

This would be a first record for the Falls Lake Area.

Anyone wishing to try to find it, take I85 north towards Falls Lake, take
the first exit for Red Mill Road, turn left and drive 6-7 miles to stop
sign, turn right.  1/2 mile to another stop sign  and turn left.  Travel 1
mile until the road ends at Old Oxford HWy, turn right.  Travel about 6
miles until you see a brown sign "Flat River Waterfowl Impoundment" on the
right.  Hike past gate down gravel road, at T intersection turn right, the
bird was seen near where the powerlines cross over at about 5PM on 6/30.

If anything the place is worth it for the leps and odes!  Let me know if
anyone finds it again.

Brian Bockhahn
Falls Lake State Park Ranger
Falls Lake CBC Compiler