Re: YC Night Heron Rookery at Charleston's Battery Park

Dear Tom, Randy, and others,
  Our Yellow-crowned Night Herons have become a famous part of our downtown
Charleston environment, at Washington Park and at the Battery (White Point
Gardens). They've been there for 5 or more years, probably 10. They
"interfered" with a Spoleto art show during their first years (delicacy leads
me to omit
the details) but the city wisely left them alone and moved the art show.
They're about ready to fledge and fly, plan to see them next year late
May-early
June (and an opera, dance, theater, concert) during our Spoleto festival.
Steve Compton
North Charleston,SC
Raven23302@aol.com