Bald Eagle

At approx 6:00 pm on Saturday, 7/22, while boating upriver from Gap Creek
Landing on Lake Keowee, SC, spotted a large bird perching in a dead pine on
the eastern shore of the lake directly across from island 18.  Closer
inspection revealed it to be a mature Bald Eagle.  Observed Eagle for approx
25 minutes and it was awesome.  Have heard reports of Bald Eagles At Lake
Jocassee frequently and one report at Keowee this spring, but have been
frequently boating Keowee for five years, and this is my first on the lake.
As one of my friends on the pontoon with us said "it looks just like the
pictures".  It was a first ever for the couple that were with us.

Thought you might like to know.

Mike