Mattamuskeet: Lodging in the vicinity?

I am intending on spending a day or two really exploring Mattamuskeet NWR
prior to the WIngs over Water Festival in early November.

I remember from a previous visit to Mattamuskeet that there is at least one
motel just outside of the reserve.  Does anyone know the name/telephone
number of this or any other birder friendly lodge or B&B in the immediate
area?  Is the lodge inside of Mattamuskeet open to the public?  Any other
current advice regarding the birding or environment at Mattamuskeet NWR
would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jack McLain
Durham, NC