Onslow County Birds

Spent the afternoon birding a couple of areas in Onslow County Sunday,
with my wife Laura, and a new birder friend, Jeanne Crockett. Had a nice
mix of land birds along New River and made a stop at the Jacksonville
Land Application lagoons.

Had several Ruddy Ducks, and four Ring-necked Ducks. The bird of the day
was a early " EARED GREBE ". There were four here in 98 but I never saw
one last year, and August 27 seemed awful early. Maybe the fires in the
west?

Any one wanting directions and hours, let me know.

Jim O'Donnell  (odjljl@ncnets.net)
Onslow County N.C.