Eagles, Thrush

Hi everyone,
      2 things:
            Yesterday while at North Chatham Elem. School picking up the
kids, while standing outside saw 2 birds circling high above the trees across
the street (Lystra Ch. Rd.)    Thought they might have been 2 Black Vultures,
but when they banked a bit saw nice white tails.   That's a little further
away from the wet areas by the Lystra Bridge and Big Woods Swamp than I've
ever seen Bald Eagles.

             Also, this AM heard a bird hit the window and when looked out
saw a Thrush with it's back to me in a tree, then it flew (luckily), and
didn't get a chance to look any closer, except it did have a warm brown
coloring, so not sure if was Wood Thrush or Veery, though the shape from just
the rear view didn't seem Wood Thrush like, seemed more compact, smaller.
Think it was probably eating Dogwood berries close to the house so didn't hit
hard enough to really get hurt.  But it alerted me of it's (their) presence.

PS     Purchased the new Ken Kaufman Birds of North America , so far I like
it, just flipping through it, haven't used it birding yet though.  The Wild
Bird Center in Chapel Hill has them in stock.

Shelley Theye
North Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com