Bird ID

One night last month I saw a large bird fly into a neighbor's tree.  I
quickly ran inside to get a flashlight and luckily my wife went for the
camera.  As I opened the front door the bird flew into a tree directly in
front of me in my yard.  When I saw it, I was sure of its identity.
 However, I've showed a few people the photos, and everyone hasn't agreed.
 Unfortunately, the photos aren't great, but I scanned the best and put
them on the web page below.  On the same page you'll also see a
neighborhood hoodlum I caught recently.   If you care to help me with the
id email me (keep the listserv traffic down). Thanks.
William J. Warfel  bwarfel@intrstar.net
Fayetteville

http://www.elizabethtownnc.org/warfel/