Swainson's Thrush!

Yeah!  I've been seeing Thrush-like shapes flitting around in the lower
canopy behind the house for days now , but never got a good look, except for
a few Wood Thrushes.  Today a nice Swainson's Thrush landed in the Dogwood by
the porch (where else?), and sat for about a minute, giving me a nice long
look, even opened it's bill wide allowing me to see it's yellowish lining and
the creamy pale yellow-white berry it had inside.
     Now that I have a complete year of sightings in my notebook, I can look
back and see that last fall my first date for one was 10/3/99, but I wasn't
sure whether to call it Sw. or Gray-cheeked.
Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
North Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com