Late nighthawk and a few warblers

On Wednesday 10/4/00, I saw a Common Nighthawk in Durham (Old CH Rd. at
Mt Moriah) -- only the second time one's been reported in October in
the area.

This morning (10/6) I got a nice new yard bird in Chapel Hill -- a Bay-
breasted Warbler.

At lunch time I stopped by Shepherd Nature Trail and saw some different
birds than Frank did:

1 Wood Thrush
1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak
1 Scarlet Tanager
(eating dogwood berries along with the heaps of robins and a catbird)

1 Tennessee Warbler
1 Magnolia Warbler
1 Black-throated Blue Warbler

(and no Chimney Swifts!)

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu