[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Black-throated Green Warbler in N. Durham Co
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Black-throated Green Warbler in N. Durham Co
- From: Tom Krakauer <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 19:36:16 -0400
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet and I took our usual Saturday walk near our house.
Ruby-crowned Kinglets have arrived in force. The "nicest" bird that we saw
was a Black-throated Green Warbler. It was in a small flock of kinglets,
Blackpoll and female redstart. Several Phoebes and good numbers of
Towhees. I know the Black throated Green is not common in the Piedmont,
but I got a good look.
Also saw a flock of about 15 Chipping Sparrows.
BTW, Last Saturday, we also saw first for the year Y-B Sapsucker and
Gray-cheeked Thrush which corresponds with several other sightings. There
were about 25 Eastern Bluebirds.