Crabtree migrants

Not a bad weekend for migrants at Lake Crabtree County Park near Raleigh, NC.

Warblers made a decent showing including:

Bay-breasted Warbler- beautiful fall adult male in addition to more subdued
individuals
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
American Redstart
Worm-eating Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler- aaagh!!
Northern Parula
Pine Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Common Yellowthroat

Other non-warblers included:

Swainson's Thrush
Wood Thrush
Scarlet Tanager- lots
Indigo Bunting
peewee's and phoebe's
Yellow-billed Cuckoos- 4 at once!

I noted my first-of-the-fall for several species including:

Ruddy Duck
Lesser Scaup
American Coot
Pied-billed Grebe
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

A raft of the aforementioned coots was being harassed by an adult Bald Eagle.
The eagle spent short periods of time hovering above the coots, a feat I had not
observed with regard to eagles.

Isn't October grand!

Best,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please