Re: Christmas Bird Count Date

harbinger@cconnect.net (tom & liz lathrop) wrote:
"The date of the Pamlico County, NC, Christmas Bird Count has been set for
Tuesday, December 19, the day after Bob Holmes is planning to have the New
Bern Count.  I have not as yet received my packet for the count but assume
this date will fit into the time slot."

Quoting from http://birdsource.cornell.edu/cbc/ :

"As of the 101st Christmas Bird Count, the count period will be fixed to
calendar dates, instead of varying each year. Beginning in December, 2000,
the Official CBC period will always run from December 14th through January
5th. This will ensure that compilers and participants always know the dates
of the Count period, and should usually include an extra weekend to conduct
CBC's. "

Paul C. Hart
Lillington, NC
harttwins@aol.com