[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Pileated drinking creek water
- To: carolina birds list serve <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Pileated drinking creek water
- From: Len/Esther Pardue <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:56:36 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
A quick stop at Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary in Asheville this morning
yielded a terrific look at a male Pileated Woodpecker. It lit on a stick
lying in a shallow creek and spent a minute or two drinking water. Before
that, it hammered at a dead trunk on the right side of the creek,
contributing to the beginnings of what might become a nest hole.
This spot is just below the outflow from the new pond. I was standing on
the berm looking down the creek when the bird flew in.
Len Pardue, Asheville, NC