Fulvous Whistling Duck Update

The 25+ flock of Fulvous Whistling Ducks seen since late October at
North Pond (Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge) has evidently
diminished greatly the last few weeks.  Birders reported (on the Visitor
Center clipboard) seeing 5 individuals at the south end of North Pond on
Tuesday, Nov 21st, and I spoke to a birder who had seen 3 individuals
earlier in the week.   On Thursday, Nov 23rd, I spent a very long, cold,
9 hours looking over the 10,000's of ducks on North Pond with no luck.
Oh well.  As with all birds they are "somewhere."

Keith Camburn
4435 Huntington Drive
Gastonia, NC 28056
704 824-0626