merganser and others

Cbirders,

I, too, went to Kinston today with good results.

As I turned beside the McDonald's on Highway 70 By-pass, I saw the lake dead
ahead.  Before I could pass through the gate, I watched a bald eagle fly by.
I parked and lifted my binoculars.  The second bird of the day -- common
merganser.  Anhinga was third.

Pretty good, huh?

In addition to those three, there were hundreds of ducks, dozens of geese, a
handful of herons, coots, grebes, gulls, sparrows, et al.

Be careful where you park.  A lot of heavy machinery was cruising around the
site -- dump trucks, gravel trucks, cement trucks, two trains and a fire
truck.

On the way back home, I found myself sitting at the Arrington Bridge Road
stoplight in Goldsboro at dusk wishing I had planned my afternoon better (or
at all).  Maybe I will get back to see the FWD and CT.

Hal Broadfoot
halwb@aol.com
Buies Creek, NC