[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Brewer's Blackbirds in Carteret County, NC--a Note of Caution
- To: "Carolinabirds" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Brewer's Blackbirds in Carteret County, NC--a Note of Caution
- From: "John Fussell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:43:11 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I would urge anyone who is interested in seeing the Brewer's Blackbirds at
the Carteret location mentioned earlier to please sign up for the field trip
that has been organized for 26 January, rather than trying to get in the
site on your own.
Attempts to go in on your own could easily jeopardize any access to birders,
including the organized field trip.
The farm is still somewhat suspicious of birdwatchers, environmentalists,
etc, because of many things that have happened in the past.
There is some possibility that things may be changing now, but I would not
want anything to happen that might set a "thawing in relations" back.
Perhaps I will try to organize one trip a year in the future, in the winter,
to look for Brewer's Blackbirds. They apparently occur every winter at this
Morehead City, NC