CSP and New Rd., 2/01

Hi y'all,
    Well, I didn't make it to 150 for January. But after striking out on any
"new" birds for the year on Wed. (1/31) in Florence Cty., got two Thursday
within a qtr-mile of home. A pair of Fish Crows flew over the house in the
a.m., and I found an Orange-crowned Warbler foraging in a clump of Groundsel
Tree at the Conway sewage ponds in the afternoon. Other cool stuff; seven
woodpecker species while standing in one spot, three Red-headed Wp's
flycatching, four wren species (guess which one I didn't see...again.)
Anyway, here's a list:

Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Wood Duck
Ring-necked
TV
R-s Hawk
Am. Kestrel
Killdeer
Gr. Yellowlegs
Least Sandpiper
Bonaparte's Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-bellied Wp.
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Wp.
Hairy Wp.
N. Flicker
Pileated Wp.
E. Phoebe
Blue Jay
Am. Crow
Fish Crow
C. Chickadee
T. Titmouse
B-h Nuthatch
C. Wren
House Wren
Winter Wren
Marsh Wren
R-c Kinglet
E. Bluebird
Hermit Thrush
Am. Robin
Cedar Waxwing
Loggerhead Shrike
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow-rumped W.
Pine W.
Palm W.
Common Yellowthroat
N. Cardinal
Chipping Sparrow
Song Sp.
Swamp Sp.
White-throated Sp.
R-w Blackbird
Common Grackle
House Finch

Cheers,
Gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
axis1@sccoast.net
'"Oh frabjous day! Callooh, Callay!' he chortled in his joy." (Carroll)