RE: ID of bird calls

JJBmarjim@aol.com wrote:

>I am not very good at identifying by the bird call and need >some help.
>1. the sound is 3 syllables and all about the same length and a
>monotone.....the sound you would get if you blew air in a
>hollow pipe.  Any thoughts.
>2.  For this one, the call sounds similar to "peter peter" or >"harris
teter".
>The call is too loud or robust to be a titmouse (I think??)

Jim, I doubt you're worse than me at identifying by bird call but I will
take a stab at this one anyway. Three of my field guides describe the tufted
titmouse's song as "peter peter peter". I do know from watching the ones in
my yard that they can get rather loud and robust for such a tiny thing.

Check out this link and see if it sounds the same:

http://www.enature.com/audio/audio_hitlist.asp?familyID=264

hth

--

Jordan