Nice Birds

To everyone:

    Yesterday (4/24) I was completing the last of 4 days of Spring gardening,
when I heard a Wood Thrush singing in the woods behind us.  Not since l993
has one sung behind us since they deforested that property.  I was very
excited about it!  He sang for l/2 hour and then was gone.  That was enough
to start a wonderful morning!  Sighted our first female RTHU at one of the
feeders.  We have a calm male, so I feel they are here to set up.   Later, I
spotted my very first Common Yellowthroat!!  What a beauty he was.  It is
always interesting to me to watch who comes to the garden.  After l8 years,
there is always something new and beautful right in the backyard!

    Wendy Ross Kaplan
    Charlotte, NC
    Wenbirdy@aol.com