nesting thrush???

  a brief stroll on Battle Park Greenway today led me to a nesting thrush
~12 ft.above me --  all I could see was it's head, but didn't look like a
Wood Thrush. In fact it looked like a Swainson's from my angle (buffy
eyering, dull head, buffy streaks, whitish throat, two-toned bill) --
figured maybe a Wood T. could show that much variation in appearance, but
once at home 2 separate field guides mentioned "skeletonized leaves" being
part of a Swainson Thrush nest, which this nest was full of, and didn't
mention them for any other thrush!! -- anyone know about this? or any
thoughts on variable WoodThrush plumage, or non-Wood Thrush possibilities?
will return on weekend for another look.