American Pipits in Watauga Co.

Twitchers,

Yesterday, Lesley Penfield and I birded a pasture on the parkway.  First
pasture after the Julian Price Campground on the left, going south.  In an
hour and a half, turned up over 30 species.  Most notable, was  a good
number of pipits foraging with robins.  They were visible from the road, if
anyone happens to be cruising by with binos and a minute.  Also lots of palm
warblers in the pasture, flitting from isolated tree to tree. Other Neotrops
there were SCTA, BTBW, HOWA.

Humanity is exalted not because we are so far above other living creatures,
but because knowing them well elevates the very concept of life.    Edward
O. Wilson

Jason Bulluck
Masters Candidate,
Appalachian State University, Biology