RE: Carolina Wren

c.leopard@att.net wrote:

>Have been noticing a Carolina Wren - or some, who can
>tell - visiting my bird feeders.  Until this morning I
>just thought they were being curious as usual.  I
>actually saw one get a seed.  Do they normally do this?

Absolutely. Carolina Wrens are one of the most common birds
at my feeders and they'll eat anything I've put out - safflower, black oil sunflower, peanut pieces, suet, and mealworms.

I had a pair nest and raise three little ones in my
storage building. They fledged last week and I occasionally
hear them in the ligustrum bushes where the parents have apparently stashed them until they're old enough to go about on their own.

Raleigh, NC
"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature."
 -- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com