[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
common yellowthroat in Boone
- To: "carolina birds" <email@example.com>
- Subject: common yellowthroat in Boone
- From: "Golden Cockerel" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:33:26 -0400
- Sender: email@example.com
Glorious spring on Rich Mountain Rd. area of Watauga Cnty.
This morning's new arrivals: common yellowthroat, veery.
An abundance of chestnut-sided warblers and least flycatchers passing the
news of spring up and down the mountainside.
Also of interest: the DOT has prepared for the next Blowing Rock CBC
meeting by improving Rich Mountain Rd. It is no longer the bumpy jeep road
you may have experienced last spring; now it's smooth gravel all the way
over the gap. Easier access, but more traffic moving too fast for the
birds---the paradox of progress.
The Golden Cockerel, Boone, NC
(828) 297-4653; 1-800-892-5409