[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Cape May Warblers etc.
- To: "Carolina Birds" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Cape May Warblers etc.
- From: "Alex Netherton" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 23:38:50 -0400
- Reply-To: "Alex Netherton" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Josh seemed worried that there have been no reports of Cape May Warblers in
NC. I saw one last Thursday in the Wal-Mat parking lot (in pine trees) in
Hendersonville, NC. Went to a place near Swannanoa NC called the Charles
D.Owen Park. One of the birdiest places I have seen. Even heard something I
have never heard before - a sort of c-r-rick - brrrr. Best I can do. Sort of
sounded like some sort of Chorus frog, but we have no kind of chorus frog
here that makes that kind of noise. Couldn't do a search, as I had to get to
a little league game, and had no binos.
Also, saw a very yellow Baltimore Oriole. Wouldn't let me get close.
The Appalachian Naturalist