[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Lark Sparrows in Dare Co.
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Lark Sparrows in Dare Co.
- From: "Carleton Wood" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 08:59:56 -0400
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Importance: Normal
- Sender: email@example.com
While birding Sunday morning on Bodie Island I was pleasantly surprised to
find two (possibly three) Lark Sparrows. They were down the gated Park
Service maintenance road (off of the main road leading in to the lighthouse
where the Shiny Cowbird was located last spring). I found one at the very
back (north) end of the farthest clearing and then found two near the gravel
pile at the south end of the first clearing. Since the first bird flew I
cannot be sure that it was not half of the pair that I saw ten minutes
later. Also heard a singing Bobolink off the main road.