no one will believe this (worm-eating)

All,

Today I saw a worm-eating warbler on the A.S.U. campus.  I wouldnt believe
it myself, except for the fact that last year, I saw one less than thirty
feet from the spot where I saw this one today.  However, last year, I saw it
about two weeks earlier.  Just was hopping around in a mulch bed where there
are little hemlocks and rhodos planted (between the bio building and the
library for all who feel lucky, but it was certainly just passing through).
I guess not hopping but just running from bush base to bush base, with tail
up the majority of the time, almost as if it were stalking something.

Maybe it was pursuing a large earthworm!

Just kidding.

I wonder if it's emailing it's conspecifics right now about possibly seeing
the same H. sapien two years in a row.  If this was, maybe, somehow, by some
chance likened to the development of eyeballs or the loss of my gills, the
same bird...  Well, I'll bet it is emailing.

Not kidding.

Jason Bulluck
Masters Candidate,
Appalachian State University, Biology
Boone, NC

Humanity is exalted not because we are so far above other living creatures,
but because knowing them well elevates the very concept of life.    Edward
O. Wilson