mockingbird question

Hi,

I am new to this list.  I am in Columbia, SC.  I have been birdwatching most
of my life.  This year I seem to have two families of mockingbirds in my
yard, and I wondered if that was unusual.  I've no idea how big their
territories are.  But on one end of my house, there definitely is a family
with fledglings and on the other end there is a nest with eggs or
hatchlings.  The fledglings walk around the yard at dusk and say EEEEEEEEE
at 80 dB.  I don't know where the nest that the fledglings came from is, but
they seem to hang around and in a cedar tree when not walking around in the
yard.   I don't suppose these fledglings could just be the first brood, but
the parents have already started a second.

Does anybody know about mockingbird territories?

thanks,
Shannon Douglas
Columbia, SC

monkeyself@email.msn.com