Re: Goose Identification

Steve: I won't have a chance to look at the goose for a couple of days, but
it sounds like it might be another one of the ones the DNR calls "renegades",
a hybrid between Canada Goose and domestic goose, which apparently occur with
these feral Canada geese they have introduced here in the South. There were a
couple of these 10 years ago, or so, at the Harkness ponds, first spotted by
Greg Cornwell on a Christmas Count. If I get a chance to see it, I'll let you
know, with any further ideas
Pete Worthington, Simpsonville, SC
SC.