[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Carolinabirds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Dickcissel gone?
- From: Kent Fiala <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:01:33 -0400
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
When was the last sighting of the male Dickcissel at Anilorac Farm? I
spent over an hour at the site this morning with no sign of the bird.
Dickcissels are such persistent singers that such a long absence seems
like a very bad sign. The female did put in a couple of appearances in
the vicinity of the nest site. But if the male has met an untimely end,
I expect the female will move on, especially since it's unlikely she
could have completed laying yet.