Purple Gallinule and an entreaty:

Dear C'Birders:

Couldn't wait to get back and see if P.G. had been seen in our absence, and
am happy to report that it was seen every day we were gone.  If you come,
please fill in the sightings list on wall of deck, especially if I'm not
here.  And thanks to those that filled it in in our absence.

I'm thanking here my birding buddy, Caroline Bush with keeping him/her happy
in our absence.

Tonight P.G. didn't show up until I took the next-door casual birder
neighbor down on the dock for one last attempt.  After much craning and
scanning I spotted it in the furthest out over the water willow on the right
of the dock sitting smack dab in the middle of the shrub in plain sight.
First time that I know of it's been seen other than in the weeds.  This was
at 7:10 PM.  This neighbor's
back yard is to the left of ours and P.G. has also been reported in her
weeds.

ENTREATY and public confession:  This is so embarrassing.
I have not seen either Bittern in North Carolina and I have been looking.
People have seen  them right here in Sunset Beach so I am begging please
come and drag me out of the house if you see one, at least at this end of
Brunswick Co.
(Not lifers, but I so want them for my state list.)  Thought I heard a Least
Bittern at Mackay once.  Pathetic.

Good Birding All;
Mary McDavit, Sunset Beach, NC, etc.