Black-whiskered Vireo

The Black-whiskered Vireo was found on Wednesday, 20 June, 2001 both in
the morning (9:00 AM) and again around 3:00 PM on Baldhead Island. The
location remains at the end of Bufflehead Court where the Redheaded
Woodpeckers are foraging amongst standing dead pines.

We saw only one BW Vireo. It was always seen with a Red-eyed Vireo. They
were in almost constant aggression...chasing & active combat with short
periods of rest between bouts. I cannot imagine more active aggression
between two small passerines...pretty awesome.

Wayne Irvin