car accident at Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary

If anyone knows the date, or approximate date, a vehicle careened off
Merrimon Avenue, took out four sections of fence and banged into a tree at
the Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary, I'd appreciate hearing about it.  I'm
trying to trace the vehicle's owner... to see about getting the damage
fixed.  The police say they need a date, or a narrow range of dates, before
they can check their records to see if there was a 911 call.

Len Pardue
Asheville, NC
eljeep@mindspring.com