yellow crownednight heros and immature white ibis

For the past three years I have observed mature yellow
crowned night herons on my farm during breeding
season. I did not see them this year but have 5
immature yc night heronshere now and finally saw an
adult yesterday.I do not know whether they are local
progeny or represent post breeding dispersal birds
like the immature white ibis that arrived 2 weeks ago
surely do. In cidentally, I only have 3 of theminstead
of the usual 20 to 30.Any thoughts on this would be
welcome--clancy ballenger,trenton, NC-ceballenger@yahoo.com