From: carolinabirds-owner@acpub.duke.edu
[mailto:carolinabirds-owner@acpub.duke.edu]On Behalf Of trexrode
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 11:42 AM
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu
Subject: Neat website

Friend birders -

A friend told me about a neat website I thought you might enjoy.  It is Wild
Birds Unlimited, a retail outfit.  On their site they have a "bird feeder
cam" which photographs the activity at a couple of birdfeeders.  The picture
periodically updates, and can be left "floating" on your computer screen.
I've been enjoying watching the birds at the feeder during the day when I
have to be cooped up in an office building.

There are also some neat links to Cornell University sites that have "nest
cams" that follow the raising of a brood from the time the birds pick out
the box until the babies fledge.  The two links there now are for Eastern
Bluebirds and American Kestrels.  I thought it was very interesting to watch
them raise their families!  I had no idea birds were such good parents.

The address is: http://www.wbu.com/feedercam_home.htm

Enjoy!
Toni