[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
banded piping plovers, HBSP
- To: email@example.com (CAROLINA BIRDS)
- Subject: banded piping plovers, HBSP
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Thomas)
- Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:44:25 -0400
- Sender: email@example.com
We were walking back from the jetty this morning and saw a group of 5
Piping Plovers on the beach at HBSP. Three of the 5 were lighter in
plumage and all 3 had identical appearing banding - a blue band on the left
leg and a silver (F&WS) band on the right.
I'm thinking these are probably juveniles recently out of the nest where
they were banded, probably at the same time.
If any of you can tell me how to report a color banded bird, I'd appreciate