[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Mt. Pisgah migrants
- To: CAROLINABIRDS <CAROLINABIRDS@duke.edu>
- Subject: Mt. Pisgah migrants
- From: Bill Sanderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:20:25 -0400
- Sender: email@example.com
I wasn't going to post this, but after reading Dwayne and Lori's post
from the Ridge Junction overlook I thought it might be of interest.
I was at the Mills River Valley overlook (the Pisgah Hawk Watch site)
this morning (Sunday, Aug 26) at the same time that the Martins were
covering Ridge Junction. I saw no hawks at all, but did see 7 hummers
and approximately 300 Barn Swallows (sorry, Lori, I didn't actually
count them all!). All were definitely moving in a determined southerly
direction ("with their bags packed" as we say at the hawk watch). The
swallows were moving in groups of 2 to 20.