[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Cold Caspian Tern at Falls Lake, NC
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Cold Caspian Tern at Falls Lake, NC
- From: Harry Legrand <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:38:45 -0500
- Sender: email@example.com
I didn't check Will Cook's listing of late dates for birds in the
Triangle area, but I suspect a Caspian Tern on October 27 (Sat.) would
be close to a late date. One was huddled up on a mud bar in Falls Lake
this past Saturday, along with only a single Ring-billed Gull (many more
to show up in a few weeks!). Other than these, I saw a few Greater
Yellowlegs among some Killdeers. These were seen from the Hickory Hill
boat ramp east of I-85. The weather was very windy, with a chill factor
in the 30s.
I, too, have run into a Pine Siskin this fall; one called overhead in w.
Moore County, on Oct. 25.
NC Natural Heritage Program
Raleigh, NC 27699-1615
(919) 715-8687 (work)