[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs in Carteret County, NC
- To: "CarolinaBirds" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs in Carteret County, NC
- From: "John Fussell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 17:09:11 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Today, 9 December, Jack Fennell and I birded a private farm in Carteret
County, near the North River.
Highlights were about 20 Horned Larks (a species which I have never
before seen in Carteret County) and 2 Lapland Longspurs. I assume these
longspurs were Laplands--we heard their rattle calls but never got to
see them well on the ground.
Many, many pipits in the area. Also numerous raptors, including a
probable light-phase Rough-legged Hawk, which we unfortunately saw for
just a second.
Morehead City, NC