Re: Winter Honeysuckle source

In a message dated 1/17/02 7:34:17 PM, jppt441@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Separate issue/question.  Where can I get some winter honeysuckle?  Would
love to
get some since I've been having winter hummers.  Appreciate any input. >>

Paulette and others who may be interested,
    Niche Gardens, a mail-order and retail nursery, just west of Chapel Hill,
NC, offers Winter Honeysuckle, Lonicera fragrantissima, in their Spring 2002
catalogue.  It blooms in late winter, and is a very fragrant, non-native
shrub.  They don't mention it being attractive to birds in their description
key, but they probably don't realize that there are Hummingbirds around at
this time of year!  They do list it as a magnet for early butterflies though.
    Their number is 919-967-0078.

Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
North Chatham County, NC