Re: Purple Finches and Picket Road Goose

> Russell Roberson wrote:

> 2. I was glad to see the message from Will Cook about the goose at the
> pond off Pickett Road.  (snip).

In a weird e-mail convergence, the other bird e-mail group I subscribe to
was discussing a similar situation, and I recalled also the Ocracoke goose
that tripped up some visiting birders recently.  So I thought this worth
forwarding - Birders beware the FLG (funny-looking geese)!  Here's the
last word on why:

> These non-migrating, urban Canada Geese will attempt to breed with
> almost anything including drinking fountains in parks and your kid's
> tricycle, so it's no surprise that they produce offspring with feral
> barnyard geese and this sounds like the results of such a match.

> Dennis Rockwell   Kennewick, WA   dennis.rockwell@gte.net

Chris Hill
Conway, SC
chill@kingfish.coastal.edu