[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Intelligent Thrush
- From: <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:56:21 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
This afternoon I was birding around the yard, and I witnessed a Hermit Thrush underneath one of my suet feeders, patiently waiting for droppings from above. A Downy and Pine Warbler were cooperative, followed by a Yellow-rumped warbler. This Thrush, who regularly feeds on or near the two suet cages, was on the ground for about ten minutes, while other species were working away above him. Some got it, some ain't!
Can't wait for Warbler season, but I hate to see my winter friend leave.
Brian K. Pendergraft
Raleigh (Falls Lake), NC