Rufous Hummer in Tryon NC

The 2001-2002 winter vagrant hummingbird season seems to be going on
forever in the Carolina Piedmont. Last week we banded that
Black-chinned Hummingbird in Lexington, and today (14 March) I
trapped yet another Rufous Hummingbird, this one in Tryon, North
Carolina.

Photos and description of this latest March Madness is at
http://www.hiltonpond.org/RufousBanding020314Main.html

Happy Hummingbird Watching,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.